At the office of Smile Matters Inc., we place a keen focus on general dental care treatments. This is because they help in the prevention, restoration and repair of problems and keep your teeth and smile healthy. Some of our general care services are:
- Regular Checkups: These checkups are recommended at least once every six months. They include a full dental examination, a professional cleaning of the teeth, a screening for oral cancer and when necessary, digital X-rays.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: We offer composite fillings that can be custom-made to closely match the natural shade of your teeth.
- Sealants: A dental sealant is a thin coating of plastic material applied to the grooves and fissures of the back teeth in order to smooth out the surface and prevent any food or bacteria from sticking.
- Sleep Apnea: People who suffer from sleep apnea experience breathing pauses during sleep. Oral appliance therapy is an effective treatment for mild to moderate cases of obstructive sleep apnea. A custom-made oral appliance worn while sleeping can keep your jaw in a forward position so that the airway stays open.
- Halitosis Treatment: Halitosis is the medical term for bad breath which is not only an embarrassing social problem but can also be an indicator of an underlying issue. Chronic halitosis needs timely attention and treatment.
- Mouth Guards: We offer custom dental mouth guards for adults and children to protect the teeth from impact and injury, as well as from the effects of clenching and grinding.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are used to restore the function and health of teeth that have damage that is too significant to be repaired with a standard filling but does not require a full dental crown.